October 23-25, 2014
Join us in San Francisco for two amazing days of education, experience-sharing, networking, and fun! The focus: Tools and techniques for optimizing performance and coming out on top. This is a huge opportunity!
- Nate Booth DDS, MS: Legendary Leadership in Changing Times
- Donald J. Anderson, Jr., P.E.: Confronting International Business Risks
- Lisa Dyson Gamblin, Esq.: Confronting Risk in Emerging Practice Areas
- Matthew "Matt" Moler, P.E.: Business Vision: October 2014-April 2015
- Richard S. "Rich" Friedman: Value: The A/E/C Industry’s Biggest Blind Spot?
- Gary S. Brierley, Ph.D., P.E.: Luncheon: Risk Management for Underground Projects
- Great Minds Sharing Great Ideas: Business Round Tables
- Joseph D. "Joe" Rei, Ph.D.: Skillful Discussions: Crucial Conversations
- Valentina H. "Val" Ries, RN, MBA, ACC: Resilient Leadership: Key Techniques to Navigate Risk with Less Stress and More Success
- TBD: Water Scarcity Panel
- Daniel R. "Dan" Cassidy, CPG: Great Minds Sharing Great Ideas: Business Round Tables Download
- Lee R. James, CPA, CMC, CBI: Winning Negotiating Tactics
- Stewart G. Osgood, P.E.: Embracing the Design-Build Model To Improve Your Bottom Line and Your Culture
- William V. "Bill" McCormick, PG, CEG: Alcatraz Island Geotechnical Evaluation and Shoreline-Erosion Study
- Terra Insurance Company Shareholders Meeting
- Network at two ice-breaker receptions: one Thursday night and one Friday night!
- Full registration includes drinks and meals Thursday evening, all day Friday, and Saturday breakfast and lunch
- Plus exceptionally memorable social events, tours - including Alcatraz on Saturday night! - and our ever-popular GBA Wine Tasting
GBA will award professional-development hours (PDHs).
Yahoo Group for Friends and Family
"Friends and Family of the Geoprofessional Business Association": The networking group for those who care about people involved in ASFE/The Geoprofessional Business Association (GBA). Exchange news and information, plan informal gatherings during the conference, and more! To join, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ffogba or send a message to email@example.com. Pass this information along to your friends and family and encourage them to join!
Don’t let this outstanding get-together pass you by!
Click here to reserve online (scroll down the page a little once you get there) or call 888-627-8561 before Sept. 30, 2014, and mention ASFE/The Geoprofessional Business Association to get the group rate of $309.00 per night plus 16.31% tax.
Deadline to Reserve at Group Rate: Tues., September 30 2014
For more information about the Westin San Francisco Market Street, visit http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1981.
For more information about San Francisco, visit http://www.visitsfbayarea.com/
For more information about food in San Francisco, download "John and Patty Eat San Francisco"
A refund (less a $125/person administrative fee) will be given to those whose cancellations are received by 5:00PM ET, September 20, 2014. For cancellations after that, but by no later than 5:00PM ET, September 30, 2014, the fee is $250/person, for administration and for the food service and related guarantee charges GBA will have to absorb. We’re truly sorry, but absolutely no refunds can be given for cancellations received after 5:00PM ET, September 30, 2014.
Please note: We will charge you whatever GBA has to pay if you fail to cancel your hotel reservation in a timely manner and we are unable to assign the room to someone else. Be sure to notify us even if you have to cancel late, so we can at least try to eliminate any additional charges. Also note: Most hotels have instituted an early check-out policy; i.e., if you reserve to depart on the 25th, but leave a day early, you will be charged for the night you “missed,” unless you make arrangements with the hotel in advance.